I AM THANKFUL FOR...
So I know this is a wee bit late but I only managed to finish it up today. Heh.
Well I'm not really sure what you guys do during Thanksgiving but I'm guessing from the name I'm suppose to talk about things I'm thankful for. I don't think this'll be a long drawn thank you speech but I'm just gonna make bullet points, yeah?
Honestly, no matter how much I scream how much I hate their interference and all, I really am lucky to have them in my life. They've been such angels to me. Helping me clean up my shit when I'm too busy with school or work. Cooking dinner or even doing my laundry for me since I've been so busy. I love them, I really do. I feel like such a bad daughter for not being home all the time to help out with the housework or being home in general. I just wish I'll be able to find time to spend more time with my family.
It's been 10 years since we've met and we're stronger than ever. I'm ever thankful that they're there for me through all the good times and bad. Even though they're bitches to me at times. Well, then again we are all bitches. Anyway, I think apart from my parents they're the one who've seen me grow so much since my primary school days till now. And I've seen them grow and go through their phases.
Love you kids like mad. To the max.
3. I'm thankful for meeting the people I did in Temasek.
I love these kids. I really love all of them. I think each and every event, lesson, heartache, failed tests and exams, meetings and fights just added on to my wonderful Temasek experience. Every single thing that happened in that school shaped me to become the person I am today. I'm thankful for the Temasek experience, the good and the bad. I thank Allah everyday for the people that I meet there and the impact they have on my life.
I sincerely think that I learn more about life in Temasek than anywhere else in this world.
4. I'm thankful for the people I meet in FOC
It kindaf was one of the most unforgettable moments of my youth. It was really crazy. Being an FOC camper was honestly my first true blue poly experience. Despite being shy initially and shit, I did go crazy towards the end and it was pretty awesome. Without FOC I wouldn't have met Cassie, Ke Fei, Fir and all the other crazy Mestorians. Luv you guys tuh pieces.
5. I'm thankful for the Sisterhood
You girls, really are my heart and soul and I am so thankful that I have you guys in my life. Like really really thankful. So far you girls have stuck with me since the beginning of the term and have always had my back. You guys really are my sisters la. In every sense of the word. I love you guys more than words can say ♥♥♥
6. I'm thankful for my classmates
I swear my class is filled with mix matched kids but I still you guys are awesome. It's amazing really how much I trust each and every one of you in such a short period of time. You guys really are the bomb and it sucks if we really have to change class next year. So I'm really thankful for the little amount of time we have.
7. I'm thankful for my lovely Madrasah friends
Alhamdulillah I have you girls (and guys) with me through Madrasah class. I've known most of you kidz for over 10 years and I thank Allah we're still friends till now. I have seen you kids grow and you have seen me grow. It's amazing how much we've known about each other and somehow despite having our own lives outside of Madras we're still a close knit group. I know times have changed and we're all going our separate ways but I thank Allah for meeting me with you guys and really, no matter what, you guys will always be my best friends ♥
8. I'm thankful for a wonderful extended family
Despite the craziness of it all I really believe I have the most wonderful bunch of family ever. They're just really supportive and idk, I just love them. Yes they're bitchy at times but they're great company to be with. The craziness that ensues and the amount of fun I have on every family road trip makes everything really memorable. They say you can't choose your family. I say rather than reject them, join in the fun cause family means being together. I am thankful for the love and support I get there.
Lilo from Lilo & Stitch says that Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten. I really do believe in that statement.
9. I'm thankful for a lovely childhood
I'm thankful my parents provided me with an awesome childhood. I'm thankful I got an even mix of the hard life and getting my way at times. My parents thought me the hard way that there's no easy way to get anything and I really appreciate that. I'm thankful they allowed me to venture to the playgrounds in the afternoon to meet new friends and such. I'm lucky I was exposed to so many different things and they allowed me to journey to other countries on my own (okay, it's with my school but still..) so I could be independent and open my eyes to the different cultures and people around me. All in all, I didn't have that too bad of a childhood.
10. Lastly, I'm super thankful for having such a wonderful life