You say you really know me
You're not afraid to show me, what is in your eyes
ONE DAY
Tuesday, January 24, 2012 / 5:41 PM

Waiting for momma and Yana to finish Asar at Sultan Mosque. So recently there's like this influx of relationship related tweets and stuff and it's really unnerving D:

I mean I'm not being all emo and depressed cause I'm not in a relationship and I'm simply jealous of those who are in one, it goes deeper than that.

I've seen my friends tweets about how alone they are and how they're never gonna get a boyfriend or this dude isn't good enough or she/he wish they can snag another guy/girl. And then being all optimistic and leaving it to fate and in the hands of God and thinking about marriages and life partners and all that.

Stop.

Just stop it you guys. It's making me depressed. Cause I don't have a boyfriend (never had one) and here I am just forever alone. But, cheer up. If you believe that God really has someone for you then just live your life. Stop worrying about when you're gonna get into a relationship. Enjoy being single. You don't have to search the world for the perfect guy for you cause sometimes we can never find what we're searching for. Have faith that God's not going to give you the perfect guy, but the right guy instead.

We all think we know ourselves well but God knows us better. Sometimes he won't give you what you want at the moment cause that's what not you need. Thinking back about it, no matter how lonely or left out I feel without a boyfriend, it may be cause God doesn't think I need one now. Maybe he doesn't want me to go through a heartbreak. Maybe he wants me to better myself as a Muslim before I meet the guy that's as good or better than me. So we an better ourselves together. I read a quote somewhere once that goes along this line-:

God hasn't met me with me perfect guy cause he wants me to better myself. At the same time he's making sure my soul mate is bettering himself. So even though we're not perfect, we'll be good enough, and strong enough to make sure we're helping each other better ourselves for God. 
And that's one quote that really stuck to me. I don't agree that I should be thinking about relationships and all that now (especially with the mountain of work). I don't have to think about having a family of my own, my ideal husband and getting married. I'm only 17, going 18. I'm not living in the times of my Grandmum where it's weird for an 18 year old to not already be married. I'd be damned if Mama wants me to get married at sucha young age.

Talking about young marriages reminds me of Abang Hairi. He's 24 or so and he's married to a fresh 20 year old. I'm not against young marriage cause I believe to each their own preference but I can't picture myself being married at 20 and most prolly being a mum at 22. It's crazy for me. I can't understand why his wife whose name escapes me would want to get married at such a tender age. Sure it's for love but in the long run is love really worth it?

Yes.

Or No.

Some may say yes, love will conquer all and all that. But when times get really tough and your love is the last safety net, will it be enough.

The way I see it, love's not a good enough reason to get married at such a young age. Let's get realistic.
Living in Singapore isn't exactly the cheapest in the world. You have to buy a house, which probably costs $500K for a measly apartment. Then when you wanna have kids it's $15K gone the moment the sperm reaches the egg. And the baby hasn't seen the sun yet. Is it worth all the dreams and aspirations that you'll probably never reach? Is love worth all that? Not to me.

Well not yet anyway. Maybe it's cause I haven't fallen in love. Sure I've loved but to be in love with someone, that's a special feeling that hasn't reached me yet.

Momma talked about marrying young to me once (love the fact I can talk abt this with ma momma!)
She kindaf scolded me for wanting to marry too young (if it ever happens). She's rather I travel the world, gain more knowledge, start my career, try new things, go on adventures, work, go wild and have fun, do things to my heart's content before I settle down and let go of the dreams of a youth. I want to fulfill my dreams so badly before I get tied down with a relationship or kids or whatever.

Maybe that's why Allah hasn't given me my soul mate. Cause HE wants me to reach my dreams without interruptions, travel and see this wonderful world of HIS with a fresh young mind and not a soul burdened with troubles and worries. HE wants me to stay young but mature spiritually. There's no need for mature physical and emotional relationships if I'm spiritually a child. Maybe HE wants me to become a better Muslim. Maybe HE wants to show me to someone who can guide me, but he's still not there yet.

Maybe Allah's preparing my future soulmate to be the best in every way so that he can lead me to become a better woman, daughter, sister, friend, girlfriend, wife, whatever. Just a better person in short.

But until that time comes, I'll just try to enjoy life as far as possible.

For those who still feel insecure, here's some wonderful videos for you. Cheers luv!
xx






"You're insecure, Don't know what for"