You say you really know me
You're not afraid to show me, what is in your eyes
ONE THING
Monday, January 30, 2012 / 9:22 PM

As you can see from the tittle I've been fangirling over One Direction for close to a month now. Yes, they're cute. Really cute. But oh well.

Favourite Direction boy has got to be Louis. Lord knows why. But then again I guess I don't mind any of the guys. But HOLY MOTHER OF DOGS THEY'RE ALL ATTACHED! Except for Zayn. But still! Sigh. Y'know I've always had this dream where I'll marry someone foreign, who's not Malay. Maybe that's why I find Malay boys just so damn annoying sometimes. I have no idea why but they always seem to be foreign dudes that I'm into y'know. Maybe it's just me. I mean who doesn't dream of their dream guy or future partner right?

But then again Momma, nenek and really all my relatives have given me this strict warning against like getting attached or looking for a foreigner as my life partner. Maybe it's cause they've seen so many inter-racial or inter-continental marriages fail and the parents hardly see their kids. Or that their kids change so much and become too westernized cause they wanna fit in with their husband's lifestyle.

Honestly, I think that's the wrong way of looking about things. If they really believe that jodoh is in Allah's hands, the race, nationality, colour, language or whatever of whoever God pairs me with is totally irrelevant. I'm not saying that it's shallow love and that I only like the dude for his looks, money or whatever but if my jodoh is with say a Chinese or even American or Hispanic or whatever, I want my family to support it.

Of course I want to marry a good Muslim. But if it so happens he's not Malay or even a convert, why not. Kalau Melayu pon perangai dengan akidah dia orang tak betul, why insist so hard I have to marry a Malay?

If my jodoh is with a convert I would rather him marry me because of my religion first then for me. I want him to become a Muslim willingly, not because it's part of the deal to marry me. I want my husband to be able to lead me, not the the way round. I want someone who can help us be better people, better Muslims together. I mean it's a tall order but I believe in Allah.

My jodoh may not be in this life but maybe in Jannah. In akhirat. But for right now, I'll just try my damnest to be happy. 

"I need that one thing. Yeah, you've got that One Thing"