Well hello again. So it's Day 03.
Your views on religion
Well, to be honest I don't really like talking about this topic cause to me it's something really sensitive and I don't want to unintentionally insult anyone or anything like that.
So religion, yes I do have a religion. I'm a Muslim and I'm happy to be one. I think there's too much hate going around because people just can't respect each other's religion.
To me having a religion, not having a religion, believing in God, believing in a higher power or even believing it doesn't exist is entirely up to a person and their views and perspective and no one should be judged, ostracized or criticized because of this. To have a religion is entirely up to a person. For me having faith is something that'll help me through those tough times. I hate it when someone from a single religion straight out say that those non-believers of their religion are going straight to hell cause they don't believe. It's just plain rude lah.
And I don't believe that a religion of a person defines who they are and a person's behavior doesn't reflect their religion. I can be a Muslim but that doesn't mean I'm pious, do whatever Allah says or follow the words of the prophet.
I believe that religion is something deep engrained within your soul. You can have a 'religion' but if you don't believe it, if you don't practice it, if you don't have enough faith in it, then you're not really in that religion. Having a religion is more than a label in your IC or a word you throw out to group yourself. It's a part of you. It's a deep belief and utter faith and devotion in God and His plans for yourself and the world around.
For me my religion plays a big part cause believe it or not it makes me more disciplined and it makes me calm knowing that somewhere, someone is taking care of me and all I have to do is let go and keep faith. It makes me more confident in the unknown and hence less afraid of what's to come cause I know if I do it right, nothing wrong will happen.
All too many Muslims fail to grasp Islam, which teaches one to be lenient towards others and to understand their value systems, knowing that these are tolerated by Islam as a religion.
- Abdurrahman Wahid
"Keep holding on cause you know we'll make it through"