You say you really know me
You're not afraid to show me, what is in your eyes
A SHADOW OF A BLUR
Wednesday, April 25, 2012 / 12:19 PM

There's been so much discussion about relationships and marriage in my life lately it seems like I'm suppose to get married tomorrow or something. 

But then again it's interesting conversation topics. Talking about marriage and the most natural thing that comes with it, family and dating/relationships. It's weird how I'm already thinking of how i want my wedding to be done and what kind of reception I want.

I remember Anna showing me the kind of wedding dress she wants to wear. I must say it's pretty damn cool. But pushing all the wedding preps and wedding related stuff aside, I gotta find someone to get married to first. It's really weird how mum's talking about her friends' kids getting married and here I am not even in university yet. 

Okay I'm starting to ramble now. I think the whole point of this post is that I'm not even 18 and there's already so many talk of who I wanna marry, what kindaf guy I wanna marry, where I wanna get married, where I wanna live after this and all that stuff. I somehow think it's not something a single 18-year-old student should be thinking about. Mum and the rest of the family's expecting me to get a nice Malay boy to settle down with but somehow I don't see that happening. 

I've never felt this incessant need to marry a Malay guy like what mum and everyone else expects me to do. For me as long as I get a good guy. Who's able to be a good or better Muslim than I am. Who can encourage and make me a better one. That's the kind of guy I want. I don't mind if he's Malay, Chinese, Indian, Jamaican, British, American, French or whatever. I believe in the partner Allah has for me and I think that's all that matters.

So mum and I were talking about it a few days back. Told mum what I thought about the whole thing and mum's kindaf agreeing to it but she's still trying to sway me towards Malay guys. To her it's easier if my sister/brother/me marry a malay guy cause then it'll be easier for us to talk about religion and culture. We might have the same idea and to her it'll be easier for us to connect I guess. 

It's safe to say I have never envisioned a married life with a fixed person. Yes I've had dreams of a married family and the white picket fence house and all (don't judge) but there's never a face.

A face.

Yeah I've had a few glimpse of who 'he' will be. But there's never a distinct face. Maybe it's for the best. 


Oh I sound so mature in this post. 

"One day my prince will come"