You say you really know me
You're not afraid to show me, what is in your eyes
BREAKING FREE
Sunday, December 25, 2016 / 8:47 PM

Today, I've come to the sudden realization that I'm ready to leave the nest.

I realize that I'm no longer needed.
I realize that I'm no longer remembered.
Just a mere afterthought.

Maybe life away has changed me. Has changed everyone else around me.

Or maybe we've all just moved along with life without one another.

Perhaps I've created a new home for myself. One without the comfort I've known for so long.

Perhaps, the home I've always known has filled the void since my departure in its own way.

And perhaps I no longer fit in this home.

It's a harsh realization. One that pierces the soul. It feels like a big part of who I am is ripped from me.

For what am I without the home I've known for so long.

But maybe I'm ready to build my own home. In a foreign land with foreign faces that will someday, maybe, become home as well.